Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The head cold I mentioned in my last post is now lodged in my chest and is only slowly departing. I felt it yesterday morning and it was the only excuse I needed to justify skipping the run and getting an extra hour of sleep. I slightly made up for it with a brief run yesterday evening with Boomer. I had about 30 minutes to spare and I squeezed 3+ miles in 25 minutes. I was feeling great and wishing I could have gone for another 30 or more.

This morning I was able to get out of bed although it was slightly later than I was shooting for. For the fist time this year I would really classify the run as "cold" as it was about 30 degrees and there was a stiff wind for the first mile or so. It'll take a while to get back into a cold running routine, as of now I am still trying to remember what clothes I need to wear for a morning like today. Shorts, shortsleeves and light running jacket did the trick.

This one started slow but got faster the entire way. The last 0.5 mile is slightly uphill and I was really pushing by the time I finished. 5.5 miles in 39 minutes.

No comments: