Sunday, November 16, 2008

I've wanted to become more regular with this blog but I didn't do a good job of that over the past 10 days. So let's catch up.

Last weekend I had two solid runs. First was a loop run with the Philly runners. I went hoping to have group to push the pace a bit. I got it in new to PR runners John and Austin. The pace hung right around 7:00 dipping under for miles than it was over. 11.6 miles in 1:25. On Sunday I joined Seebo and Ian to catch up on life, talk about a future marathon and enjoy an easy run. All things went as planned. 10 miles in 1:24.

On Monday I woke up with a nasty cold that felt as if it was going to really knock me out for a while. I fell asleep curled up on the couch at 7:30 on Monday night and thought my running prospects for the week were bleak. On Tuesday morning however, it felt like nothing more than a head cold. Tues-Thurs was a mix of morning and evening runs between 3.5 and 7.5 miles, covering all areas of my "easy" range.

I partied a little harder than I wanted on Friday night, slept in, woke up late with a headache and pushed off an early running commitment to the late afternoon. 8 miles in 61 minutes. I finished just before dark.

Sunday. A cold a blustery afternoon reminding me that winter was quickly approaching and it really is time to pull out the winter running clothes. A couple blogs on my weather geek website are predicting the coldest December in 20 years. The running half of me hates this idea but the other half of me is looking forward to it. 13.5 miles in 1:42. Felt good.

During the week I also signed up for the National Marathon in Washington D.C. on March 21st. Seebo, Ian and I are all in. Hopefully a few more will jump on the bandwagon through the winter. I am optimistic for a good marathon. The key will be getting out in the morning to run. If the last two weeks are any indication, it might go as planned.

No comments: