Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Slow and steady this morning. I mixed up my normal route with a couple twists and turns and one road I haven't run down yet. I don't know if I have officially run every block in Chestnut Hill yet but I know I'm getting close.

I'm stuck in a morning routine that allows me only 45 minutes or so to run before work. That works for few days a week but I need to push that to 60-90 minutes to get some longer runs in mid-week. This morning was 6.4 miles in 50 minutes. I caught a beautiful sunrise just before I wrapped things up.

Tomorrow I'm going to head down to the top of Forbidden Drive for a Turkey Trot. It is a 5 mile trip down to the Valley Green Restaurant and back. I looked up results from previous years and it is a small field but there is some competition that should help me push things. It is a most flat course, I'll be happy if I can get under 31:00. I'm predicting a 30:28.

No comments: