Friday, November 21, 2008

"I"m bad ass, if I run in this shit" This was going through my head on the way home from class yesterday evening as the temperature dropped and the snow picked up, I was trying to talk myself into running in this sloppy weather instead of plopping down on the couch for a late dinner. Had I not been signed up for the marathon in March my ass would have been on the couch but instead I quickly changed and headed out.

The weather only got worse as the run progressed but after a few miles the liquid on my face changed from melting snow to sweat, I was warmed up and enjoying the run. In fact, it is fun in an odd sort of way to run on a night like this, it gives you that "If I can get out here to run now I can get out here any time" kind of feeling. That carried me through7.5 very damp and cold miles.

Hopefully this fall weather isn't a prelude to what the winter is going to be like, only much colder and more snow. But if it is, I'm not to worried about, I'm bad ass.

No comments: