Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I didn’t get out Monday morning but I did manage to squeeze in a few miles between meetings during lunch. Followed the outside loop around the corporate complex and worked in three all-out effort hill repeats. 12 seconds to crest the hill and 2 minute recovery including the walk back down. I planned on 4 but just wasn’t feeling it so I continued on my way. Weather was overcast and windy in the low 50’s. Three runs in a row, a rare occurrence these days but I know I won’t be making it four in row . I officially gave my two weeks notice today. (two weeks and two days actually) I have enjoyed this in the past either because I wasn’t happy in the current position or I was leaving for something exciting, like say a move cross-country. Today was not enjoyable, after 8 months I was fully involved in a couple projects and having an impact at the company not to mention making some friends. Very bittersweet. It is the right decision for a number of reasons but at times it doesn’t feel that way. I wonder how I’ll look back on the decision in the future. Favorably I hope.

No comments: