Monday, March 14, 2011

A very rainy weekend even by Seattle standards and both runs were in heavy to moderate precip from start to finish. Luckily the temps are in the upper 40’s to low 50’s so I am at least not freezing my ass off, barely.

Ran a 6 mile loop with the group on Saturday morning, many members are tapering for the Mercer Island Half marathon next week. I wasn’t planning on doing this race, my training over the winter has been consistently in the 20-25/week with nearly no speedwork, I am far from half-marathon shape. However, a guy in the group named Loka did ask if I would be willing to pace him to a sub 1:40.

I like the idea. People have paced me through several races and it was always much appreciated. It gives me a good reason to join to group at the race but forces me to hold back and not race the disappointing time I know would await me. Now I am looking forward to it.
I tacked 2 miles on the 6 mile group run for 8 miles in a little over an hour.

Sunday I headed out the door while my chicken and vegetables were roasting in the oven. A quick glance at the radar before I headed out indicated I was going to get walloped and 30 minutes later I was in a downpour. It was brisk, especially when I turned south into a stiff wind. Suddenly shorts and a t-shirt seemed a bad call. Total time about 40 minutes.

After a couple weeks of lackluster runs I had some real bounce in my legs this weekend and finished both runs at a strong pace. I hope this continues.

No comments: