Tuesday, April 05, 2011

This is where I did the hill workout today during a later afternoon run at work. It's just outside my corporate center in an older subdivision that actually has a ton of trees and unique homes as opposed to all the cookie cutter developments they have put up lately. 6 trips up the hill in 31, 31, 32, 32, 33, 36 with a 2 minute recovery. Two minutes sounds like a lot but I wasn't near fully recovered and I swear time was speeding up towards the end. Those last two trips were brutal. My leaden legs wouldn't let me go any faster. Total workout time about 40 minutes, distance unknown. I found the perfect race to shoot for before Wesner#2 arrives. "Seattle Best 15K". I believe it is the inaugural year for the event that encompasses Lake Union including two trips across the canal and a warning that the drawbridge is not guaranteed to be down during the race. Graciously they will subtract the time it is up if you happen to get stuck. I want to see how they are going to calculate that. The race is May 21st. The distance is perfect and I am sure to PR as I don't think I've ever raced a 15K. The course is fairly flat and I am familiar with 90% of it. It also starts and ends at Gasworks Park. A relatively new park but already a Seattle landmark with breathtaking views of the Seattle skyline. The park includes the ruins of an early 20th century coal gasification plant. A huge multi component structure that looks like a chemical plant straight out of Gotham City. Now I just have to train for it. I'd like to put a goal time out there but I hold off for now.

No comments: