Saturday, October 07, 2006

Back in Action

Last night I went out for 6 on Kelly drive. I wanted to push things a little more than the night before and that was easily done. I had a hard time keeping the pace slower than 7:30 and my leg felt fine. A little more than 6 miles in 47 minutes.

Things felt so good that I decided to get my ass up early to meet Seebo for 14 miles this morning. The weather was cold and dreary but luckily that had no bearing on the run or the company.

We fell into a quick pace from the start and hit 7:30 miles all the way up Kelly drive into Manayunk. The pace may have slowed a bit through here but we definitely weren't going slow. Conversation flowed and before I knew we were a 1/4 of the way up the first hill on Belmont Avenue. For some reason this section of hills felt different this time. We just kept up the conversation and a fairly decent pace They seemed less of a challenge than normal which I guess is a really good thing. ( This could also be because I had only run 16 miles prior to Saturday and my legs were probably fresher than they have ever been hitting these hills)

The remainder of the way was Fairmount Park where we ran into the a large group doing the Breast Cancer Three Day Walk. What a spread they had setup on the Belmont Plateau, with huge tents, tractor trailers, music, bathrooms, and tons of workers. With all the money they had spent on that it made me wonder how there was any left for the charity.

I cut through the Gardens and by the Japanese Tea House where I saw a lot more walkers and people in some other kind of race for research. Back down to MLK and I passed the Philly Runners group headed the other direction. They had a large group all with smiles on their faces and it made me wish I was on a longer run so I could jump in with them.

Eventually finished in front of the Art Museum for 14 miles in 1hr 44 minutes. A brisk 7:25 pace. I was definitely amped after the run having completed it with no pain. 2 more weeks :)!

No comments: