Saturday, October 14, 2006

Haven't had as much ooomph to post with the taper. The workouts just don't seem as important but I don't want to fall to far behind so....

Wednesday was a day off. I could go into the details of what I do on nights when I don't run but it sure as hell isn't that exciting and I'd like you to continue reading the blog so I'll hold off.

Thursday Nighters group run on umm Thursday night. A good group, a nice pace and a whole bunch of chatter over a multitude of topics. I remember soemthing about Darwin, urine and E-Mikes shit time in a race. The weather has been perfect for running. Cool temps, light winds and mostly clear skies. My favorite time of year to run.

Friday was a trip on the trails in the Wissahickon. I ran than a little faster than was probably safe at this point but I just felt to good to hold back. 5 miles in 35 minutes and I really wanted to keep going.

This morning I drove with Heather to a 5K in Fairmount which started on Brown street behind Eastern State Penitentiary. Steve G, Ian, Elizabeth, E-Mike and Kev J were also there to run as a team. Checking out the competition beforehand I didn't think the team would have to much trouble winning.

My thoughts were confirmed when I saw Ian coming around the corner on Fairmount with nobody in site behind him. He looked comfortable and happy at the finish of his 17:3x race. A couple race officials that I was standing with on the corner were a little awed by his lead and one woman even joked that he might have taken a shortcut. Next in line was Kev J who ran a PR race and also was looking good. The rest of the team quickly came in and I am pretty sure that they all finished in the top 25-30.

After the race I hastily made my way over to the Art Museum to lead the group run. I thought it was going to be a small group but in the last couple minutes a lot of people popped up and we started off with about 20.

Kept if fairly easy going out on West river. I was surprised to see the miles were 7:20's, it felt good. On the way back I was paired up with Travis, a new runner to the group who is also running Chicago. Although we tried to slow down a couple times the pace stayed right below 7:00 the whole way back. 8.4 miles in 61 minutes.

No comments: