Saturday, April 21, 2007

I rode my bike down to the Art Museum to watch the 5K for Clean Air that Both Ian and Seebo happened to be running. Seebo was chasing a so far elusive sub 16:00 5K and Ian was testing out what seemed to be a new pair of bionic legs.

I missed them at the start but saw them finish, both solidly under the 16:00 minute mark. Watching friends run a good race is almost as good as running one yourself. This especially holds true when you know how much work went into hitting those goals.

As for me, I ran 4.5 miles Friday morning with Lee, a guy I work with. Lee is traning for an Ironman in September and I don't really think he knows what he is in for. I guess I don't know what he is in for either but I sure as hell wouldn't want to run a marathon after a 2.4 miles swim and 120 on the bike.

Hopefully this will turn into a twice weekly morning meeting. It's is tough for me to get out of the bed to run in the morning and this might be just what I need to get into morning mode. My legs felt tight but okay and teh run really seemed to loosen them up for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.