Monday, May 21, 2007

Easy Weekend

I took off Friday.

Saturday afternoon I went out Forbidden Drive to Valley Green. Things didn't feel great for the first few miles but after that I felt great. I wasn't splitting any miles but on the way back it felt like the pace dropped down to around 7:00. Overall it was an easy run that finished much better than it started, always a good thing.

On Sunday I did almost the same exact run with a few miles tacked on, out to the covered bridge before turning around. I ran with Heather who is finally done with school and is trying to push the miles to gain a little speed and endurance. Her extra effort as of late extra effort definitely showed and our pace stayed in the a consistent 7:45 tp 8:00 range for the entire run.

I also felt better at the end of this run than I did at the beginning. It's funny how 10.5 easy miles can actually make your legs feel energized and relaxed.

44 miles running and 15 on bike last week.

No comments: