Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Feeling Fresh

My legs seemed to shake off the workout I did on Monday and I felt fresh and ready to go for 14 miles last night. I took the same exact route as my Saturday 14 miler. Run to the top of Wissahickon Park then add 1 mile on Andorra road before heading back into the park for home.

I did the first 4 with Heather, who was in a speedy mood and we arrived at Valley Green much more quickly than we normally would when running togther. She turned around and I continued on at a somewhat quicker pace. I felt great, loose and focused with good form. The miles ticked off at around 7:10 pace and before I knew it I was turning around.

The sun was setting and the air was quickly getting cool. When the breeze was right there was almost a slight chill in the air. This had me looking forward to the falling leaves and cool temps of October and Novemeber. The last couple miles became a race to beat the daylight out of the park, I barely won. 14 miles in 1:43.

No comments: