Monday, September 10, 2007

A Swim and Run

The Pete Pfitzinger schedule calls for a day off or a cross training Sunday. I slept in for the first time in weeks, which only lasted until 8:15 when I woke up but I forced myself to stay in bed till 9:00. I wasn't planning on any workout but after sitting on the couch for 3 hours to watch the Eagles game I was ansty. So I went to LA fitness to swim. 1250M all at a very relaxed pace, the laps felt better the longer I went.

Today, Pete asked me to a double with 6 in the morning and 4 in the evening. I usually have a very hard time getting up for a morning run if I am not meeting someone else but for some reason with the run on a schedule I felt I had more of a reason to get up.

So out of bed at 5:15 it was and into a dark and very very humid morning. I had been looking forward to a cool morning run but it was not to be. Instead it was another sweatfest, out and back on Kelly drive for 5 miles. I'll be looking forward to more of the same this evening.

I have bene noticing that I haven't had a lot of the aches and pains that usually come along with marathon traning. In the past I was always feeling a tight calf, sore hamstring or achey achilles. It is still early but this time around there hasn't been any of that, my legs feel tired to be sure but nothing feels pulled or tight just fatigued. I am thinking that more experienced legs and well scheduled recovery days in Pfitzingers plan are helping me out.

No comments: