Sunday, September 09, 2007

Fri - 8 miles with 10x100m strides 60 minutes. I took the miles slowly in prep for a long run on Saturday. This workout is all over Pfitzinger's traning program. It's a good thing I like it.

Sat. 21.5 miles in 2:40.

Another warm and humid long run morning, hopefully the last one of the summer. I met Ian, Deirdre, Jim, Emily and E-mike at 7:00 am. We were running a route that covered a majority of the Philly Marathon course.

The group remained togther for the first few miles and then Ian, Deirdre and I started to pull away. Deirdre slowed down at 34th street and it was just Ian and I for the last 13 miles. I was sweating horribly but seeemed to be dealing with it much better than I had two weeks ago. When we were finally able split a mile on MLK I was surprised to find we were cruising along at 6:55 pace, I couldn't beleive it. It felt easy.

We passed in front of the Art Museum and stopped at Ian's bike where he had stashed some Gatorade. Feeling good, we headed out for 7 more miles on Kelly Drive to finish things up. It was my first run over 20 miles this training cycle and it went well, especially considering the weather.

For the week, 68 miles in 6 workouts.

No comments: