Friday, September 07, 2007

Last night was an 11 mile run that I just wasn't looking forward to. I would have been content to sit on the couch with a couple beers and the remote. However, I had commited to meeting Deirdre and Ian in front of the Art Museum and instead of sitting down when I got home from work, I just kept myself in motion and was right back out the door.

Of course after a couple miles with Deirdre I was in the swing of things and soon it was 6:30, and we were back in front of the Art Museum with 3 miles down. Deirdre headed home and I fell in step with Ian for a trip around "The Loop".

Ian was running tempo so he warmed up with me for a few miles and then started his workout. I kept going at a steady 7:10 - 7:20 pace and 4 miles later Ian was running back to join me, his workout complete. We finished in front of the Art museum. 11.5 miles in 1:25.

No comments: