Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My legs are still strangely sore after a day off but I still a had tempo run in mind as I set out with Heather for an easy 6 miles before going off on my own for 6 more.

The "Fairmount Rapist" or whatever you want to call him will surely have me running a lot more miles with Heather especially since the days are getting shorter. We did an easy 6 miles out and back in the Wissahickon after which I continued onto Kelly Drive.

I was feeling quick. Sometimes you can kind of just tell it will be a good night after you get a few miles in, despite the fact that things were a little sore before starting. I couldn't split the first mile but I eased into a decent pace that felt about right, maybe a little slow. Half way through the second mile I was able to get my pace, 6:10. I was feeling great and the pace was quicker that expected.

Mile 1 - unsplit but probably around 6:15
Mile 2 - 6:10
Mile 3 - 6:13
Mile 4 - 6:10

Hot Damn! That put me in a good mood. To hit those splits after a 6 mile warm up on a warm and humid night was just what I needed to gain some confidence after a little while off.

No comments: