Friday, June 16, 2006

Jesus and Jude in the Park

I went out on the Wissahickon Trails yesteday evening for a loop out to Valley Green and back. I was nearly to my turn around point, and a water fountain, when I see Stevus, Kevin J, and some other guy coming at me the other way. At first I was very surprised to see them until I realized they had joind the Wissahickon Wanderers for their Thursday night runs.

After a little deliberation I decided to turn around and run with them. Up to this point I had been keeping a fairly easy pace but things definitely picked up. We wound back through the park on the trails I had just run. It was nice to have some company on the trails, these are usually solitary runs for me.

I stuck with the guys for a little over 4 miles and then back home for what I am guessing is about 8.5 miles in 64 minutes.

I'll be at the Jersey beach or as us Philadelphians call it "Down A Shore" all of next week. There will be running, albiet a little slower and a little less, but no posting.

No comments: