Tuesday, June 13, 2006

When I popped open my blog I didn't realize it had been 10 days since I last posted. I can't even remember all the runs from last week to write about them. I'll keep it short.

I do remember a nice Thursday night run with Seebo and Ian around Fairmount Park and Tuesday night 5 with the group that ended up going much quicker than I had anticipated.

The weekend was a couple runs with Heather in New York. We were up there for a cousins wedding. We hit west river park and Central park. Both runs were at a very lesiurely 8:00-8:30 pace as we took in the scenery. The weekend also included many many miles of walking. I was surprised at how tight my calves got from the walking. Running 10 miles no problem, walk 10 miles and things tighten up. 35 miles for the week, a little less than I would have liked.

Monday I went for a run on Forbidden drive. After a few easy days I was ready to put in a good workout. 2 easy miles followed by by 3 repeats of 6:00 minute miles with half mile recoveries. The remainder of the run was at 6:30 to 7:00 minute pace. 10 miles in 67 minutes, my fastest in training yet.

No comments: