Monday, June 26, 2006

A Weak Week

I didn't really expect to run to many miles last week while I wallowed in the sun, sand, and alcohol that is Sea Isle City at the Jersey shore and I didn't. 3 runs last week 6, 8, and 10 for 24 miles. All of them were slow and none of them really went that well. My lowest weekly total since the first week of January.

I was forced to wait for a drawbridge opening on my run, that's a first. I was also "drive by" water ballooned by friends 4 miles into a run. Other than that they were all flat, boring runs at a comfortably slow pace.

The week was a nice break from running. It was a chance to act, eat, drink and party like I was 22 again. I told myself that it was my last break before diving into marathon training so the light mileage didn't really bother me.

Speaking of the marathon, I am less that 18 weeks away from Chicago. I guess I should put some kind of schedule togther or something. I figure a dedicated long run each week that gets progressivley longer with a few 20+ milers, a speed workout each week, some hills and a bunch of other miles to keep my weekly totals up.

No comments: