Sunday, October 21, 2007

As planned I met Deirdre for 18 miles on Saturday morning, we were joind by Erin and Iris. Erin was running and Iris was riding in the stroller. I haven't seen Erin since she had Iris about 1 year ago. She looked great and was running great as well.

After 4 miles Erin turned around and Deirdre and I headed on into Mt. Airy and through the Wissahickon Park. The pace stayed easy and I felt decent. However, around mile 12 intestinal distress reared it's ugly head and the pace slowly started to drop off. Deirdre was understanding and we even traded a few tales about the subject. The same conversation with a coworker would be odd but with Deirdre on the run it was fine.

We altered the route so I might have better chance at passing a port-a-john but it wasn't until we were nearly finished, on MLK, that I was able to make a pit-stop. I was running 8:20's before the stop and 7:20 after. 18.2 miles in 2:23.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Running through Fairmount Park and couldn't get no relief?! Run with me sometime (hopefully soon) and I'll brief you so that will never happen again.

In the words of Jeff Goldblum's character in "The Big Chill": "That’s the great thing about the outdoors — it’s one big toilet."