Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I have good bit of catching up to do in this blog but sadly it is because of some horrible news.

Friday afternoon Heather found out that her older brother Peter had suddenly died at a faculty meeting that morning. Peter was a teacher in the Arts departments at Southern Georgia University 40 miles west of Savannah. Needless to say this was a horrible shock to Heather, her family and her brother Peter’s family. He was survived by his wife M.C. and his beautiful 11-year-old daughter Olivia.

We headed down to his home in the small town of Metter, GA along with the rest of her family and friends. It was a sad weekend.

Peter was 36. The college held a beautiful ceremony for him Monday afternoon and the turn out showed just how much Peter was loved and respected by his family, friends, students and colleagues. At times it was heart wrenching and other times humorous but overall it was a wonderful tribute to a great guy. My heart and thoughts go out to Heather and her family in such a horrible time.

The whole event makes me think about my family and friends and just how much I take for granted that they will always be there. I hope to learn from this tragedy and make a few changes.

1 comment:

seebo said...

John... my sympathies at hearing the news. Please also extend my condolences to Heather.