Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Long Morning

Mon - 6 easy miles with Heather in Wissahickon Park. The cool crisp air, and slightly golden leaves made it feel like Autumn to me for the first time this year.

Tues- Off

Wed - The schedule called for 15 easy miles and due to other obligations I knew I wasn't going to be able to run after work so I got stuck running it before work. My longest morning run to date is 8 miles, so this was definite jump for me. Strangely it is a lot easier for me to sleep in and miss a 5 miler than 15, so I was right up when the alarm went off and out the door at 5:00 am. This is par for the course for many runners but getting my ass out the door at 5 am to run felt like a tiny accomplishment.

I was hoping to step out into a cool fall morning, but was greeted with a humid not so fall like morning. I set out for Chestnut hill on a route I ran many times training for Boston over the winter. A fairly uneventful run, in the dark just about the entire way. I passed a couple other early morning runners. Runners are much more likely to wave or nod to each other in the morning than in the afternoon. Why is that? Some bond that getting out there in the morning creates?

Josh Rouse's, "Subtitulo", and The Killers "Hot Fuss" on my iPod carried me through almost the entire run and before you know I was back home with the sun starting to shed some light on the horizon. The route was a little shorter than I rememberd, 14 miles in 1:43.

No comments: