Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Changes

This fall has definitely not been the best for marathon training. I knew this heading into training but with less than 6 weeks remaining I feel I need to play catch up. I have missed a couple key tempo and longs runs so I adjusted my training program to include two 20+ milers instead of just one and changed some of the track workouts to tempo runs.

In fact I’ve kind of thrown the entire training program out the window and I am just sticking to what has worked for me in the past, specifically Chicago last year. One decent tempo each week, hillier 12-15 milers midweek, and long runs on the weekend with 1-2 with a faster finish.

This renewed plan, coupled with a change to cooler weather had me excited to get out the door late last night for an easy run after a long day. It promptly starting raining but I didn’t really mind and enjoyed 6+ miles winding through Manayunk. 47 minutes.

No comments: