Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fast... Finally

After all that talk in the last post I went out and had a great run tonight. A route into Chestnut Hill and after 6 miles I picked the pace up to what felt like tempo. It was rainy and cool and I was thouroughly soaked. The portion I ran at tempo pace was fairly hilly and I just tried to keep a consistent effort.

I wasn't sure how fast or far I was going at tempo I just concentrated on getting to an intersection on my route that I figured was about 3 miles away. I felt fast and smooth, along the way I picked an intersection and hit the split button, around 6:10 later I hit the split at another intersection and continued on for a little longer.

I got home and mapped it out. I had run 3.7 miles at tempo pace and that distance I split was a mile on the nose. And now that I am thinking about, that mile included a little slow down at stop sign to let two cars go. I didn't have to slow much but it may have added a few seconds. I am guessing I averaged about 6:15 pace for that portion.

The only negative note was more stomach issues. It seems that any run over 10 miles and I have problems. I have a few ideas for what might be causing it and I'll make a few changes to see what happens. I obviously don't want this problem when I am running 26.2
For the run it was 13.7 miles in 1:37.

1 comment:

ian said...

Glad to hear you had a good one. I hope the upswing continues until at least the end of November...