Sunday, December 19, 2010

The sun is out! A beautiful sunny, crystal clear morning and I was trail running on Cougar Mountain with a fellow runner from work. It really is more of a hill than a mountain, only topping out at 1200 feet but it did have some great trail running. The weather yesterday made the perfect setup this morning with wet trails at the bottom and lightly snow covered at the top. With the sun cresting the surrounding hills it was a picturesque.

It is about a 35 minute ride from home and definitely worth the trip. We started at 8 am and I just followed Cory for nearly 3 hours including a couple stops. The pace very easy but I did not mind, it was just nice to be out for miles on the trails again especially with another runner. I haven't gone for a run like this since leaving Philly and I would say the difficulty of the trails was very similar to the Wissahickon. No killer climbs but general rolling terrain.

Cory's GPS read 14 miles but it didn't seem we were going that slowly, maybe.

I actually had to use my sunglasses on the ride home, it was fantastic. Akin to a 50 degree day after a major cold spell in Philly. Almost rejuvenating. Now I'm prepared for a another 20 day stretch of clouds. I just hope it doesn't happen.

No comments: