Sunday, December 12, 2010

A supremely rainy weekend in Seattle, the rainiest in two years. A very rainy weekend here has nothing on a rainy weekend in Philly. Seattle doesn't get deluged with rain, it just pisses drizzle all the time.

I headed out for a quick 3.5 miles, not really because I wanted to run that short but I didn't have any more time. I pushed the pace on loop through Golden Gardens park which included a long trip up all those damn steps. I have counted them but can't recall the total. Maybe 300? 25 minutes.

Today the rain let up and the temp was in the upper 50s. I was sweating on a loop out to Magnolia which is a neighborhood on the hill south of my house across the canal. My goal was to reach a blinking red light that I always see when walking at night. It was hard to judge how far I had to go but it turned out to be 4 miles away at 28th and Dravus. Plenty of hill but I took it very very slow. 7.8 miles in 1:07.

No comments: