Wednesday, December 06, 2006

2000

Out with the Tuesday night group again last night. A pack of us headed off at a brisk pace and whined a little about the cold weather. The usual lead pack of 3-4 people had expanded to about 8 and it was fun cruising along in a huge pack.

Jenn and I had planned on heading out for 6 miles and we passed by the normal 5 mile turn around. Surprisingly almost the entire pack followed. This bodes well for the winter when I hope to have a repeat of last year where a splinter group heads off into Fairmount Park for 6-10 mile runs. It's nice to have large group to run with in the desolate and cold park over the winter months.

The group split up on the return as Kevin J and I slowed down a bit as to not leave anyone out there alone. 6 miles in 44 minutes.

The 6 miles puts me over 2000 miles for the year. I am easily over my mileage from last year of 1501 with over 3 weeks to go. I should be able to break 2100 miles which would put me just over 40miles/week for the year, a total I would have thought insane 2 years ago.

No comments: