Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Having only run 6 miles over the weekend I was feeling lazy. Neither, Heather or I got much exercise this weekend and swear we were both jumping out of our skin with extra energy on Sunday night. It's funny how you get addicted to this high of exercise.

I got home from work early last night and I needed my fix. The calf was feeling much looser, although still sore to the touch, so I went out for 10 to the Art Museum and back. Plan was to take it slow and keep nice even spilts, around 7:45 pace. Things didn't feel great at first but after a few miles I was in a groove and really enjoying the run and the beautiful sunset.

Because of my schedule, I don't normally run at sunset this time of year and I couldn't believe the difference in position between a summer sunset and a sunset near the winter solstice. Some cool info about sunrise and sunsets in the link. The earliest sunset actually occurs on Dec 7th, not on Dec 21st, so we are already gaining daylight in the evening. However, the latest sunrise doesn't occur until early January, another reason not to run in the morning.

Okay back to the run... After stretching a little at the AM I kept up the easy pace in the dark on the way back. Only picking it up for about a half mile when I really started to feel good. Just over 10 miles in 80 minutes.

No comments: