Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Last night, for the first time in a while, my run turned out to be a good bit faster than I thought I was running. I went on the Roxborugh Loop which is always a variation on the same theme of running up Pechin Street and then coming back on Ridge. Lots of neighborhods, lots of christmas lights and a lot of cold air.

I'd say my coldest run of the year so far and it felt good. The turns and rolling hills kept my mind occupied and I got into a good groove and enjoyed. I wanted to run at least 8 miles so I addded a little loop to the end thinking I was going to be short. I ended up with nearly 8.6 miles in 61 minutes. What I thought was 7:25 pace turned out to be 7:10 pace.

I haven't felt to quick lately and although this run wasn't actually to fast the quicker than expected pace is a good thing.

No comments: