Friday, December 22, 2006

End of the Year

Joined the Thursday night group for 8.5 miles through Fairmount Park last night. Chem Steve, Ben, new guy Cole, and new couple Anne and Ken set out on a familiar loop around the resivoirs in East Fairmount, across Strawberry Mansion Bridge, over Chamoniux and then back down to MLK.

The pace remained easy and the perfect weather, high 40's and no wind, made for a great run. In fact when I got home to meaure the loop out I couldn't believe that we had run nearly 7:30 pace, I really thought we had been a little above 8:00 pace. I retraced the route and double-checked my time to be sure. I don't think I have ever felt that much disconnect with the pace I was actually running. It makes me wish I had done a hrad workout because I am sure it would have went very well.

A run Saturday morning might be my last of the year. After that, Christmas and travelling are going to combine to make running very difficult. Oh well. Looks like I won't break 2100 miles for the year, I'll finish with 2085 or so. That is still a whopping 585 more miles than last year, over a third more. Needless to say I am very happy with that total and the things I have accomplished over the last year.

A 16 minute PR, 3:04 marathon that qualified me for Boston was of course the biggest thing. I also dropped my 5K PR from 19:01 to 18:20 and PR'd at half marathon, 1:26 at Caesar Rodney and 10 miles, 1:01 at Broad Street. I didn't run a 10K the entire year so no PR at that distance. That will have to wait for 2007.

I also feel that I became a much better and more experienced, consistent runner over the course of the year. Hopefully I can carry that right into the 2007 season.

Happy Holidays everybody, can't wait to see you out in the freezing temperatures in the New Year.

No comments: