Wednesday, December 20, 2006

For the first time in a while I got down to the Tuesday night group run early to put in a few miles beforehand. The weather has finally become a little more seasonable and I started off on Kelly drive with a stiff, cold wind in my face. The first mile or so of a winter run is always cold and it got me thinking about a long winter of marathon traning for Boston in April.

I have never trained for a spring marathon. Although it was over two months ago the high mileage weeks of traning for Chicago are still very fresh in my head. It feels like I haven't had time to kind of relax from training for a fall marathon. I have vacation planned for the week after Christmas and I think I will take that time to avoid running as much as possible and relax. Ski, swim, go to the gym, but very little running. Maybe about as much as Heather can talk me into for some company on her runs.

Anyhow, back to last night. 3 miles beforehand that included Lemon Hill, Girard Bridge, and 34th street. I then joined up with the group and ran a very relaxed 5 mile run with Alex. The easy pace made for some good conversation that of course covered the holidays, college basketball, and brief synopsis of the "Rocky" movies leading up to Rocky 6.

8 miles in 62 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sems like Heather is creeping into all of your entries - very interesting!