Friday, January 05, 2007

I asked the Thursday night group if they were up for 10 miles instead of the usual 8 and I was happy that everybody was up for it. We took a trip up Kelly Drive to the Bloody Nipple on another very warm early January night.

The pace stayed easy and conversation flowed as we cruised along. The group split up by the the time we reached Chamonioux, Steve K, Ben and I finished up together across the Girard Bridge and Lemon Hill to the Art museum. 10.3 miles in 1hr 19min.

I felt great the entire run and surprisingly I am itching to get back into more miles. There is definitely a certain satisfaction you get when you reach a high mileage goal for the week. Along with the miles I also want to get myself to the gym every Friday after work for a light workout and at least 1/2 hour in the pool. I haven't decided how many miles a good swim is equivalent to but I will keep it low right now and call it three. If my ability and swim times increase maybe I can consider it more miles.

No comments: