Thursday, January 25, 2007

My heart again was just not into the run last night. It is something about knowing I have 12 miles in front of me in the cold and dark that makes it difficult to generate much excitement. These mid-week long runs were nicer in the summer time when I took the opportunity to explore Fairmount Park in the warmth and in the sun. (of course over the summer I was bitching about the heat and humidity but a couple months of running in the dark can really temper these bad thoughts.)

My route was on the very familiar Kelly Drive from my place down past Boathouse Row and nearly to the end of the path exstension. I put on my iPod and just let my mind wander. I felt fairly good for most of the run, the last couple miles were tiring and my legs definitely slowed the pace but overall it was a decent run. 12 miles in 1hr 32 minutes.

No comments: