Friday, January 26, 2007

Just Right

I met up with the Thursday Night crew on what was supposed be a cold and windy evening. I went so far as to get out the stretch pants and ear muffs in anticipation of the weather but hanging out with Ian and Alex before the run things just didn't seem to bad.

Elizabeth, Beth and Kevin J with Silas in his cozy plastic covered stroller (the "terrarium" as someone noted and cracked me up) got there a few minutes later and we took off on a long loop through Fairmount Park that included St. Georges and the Strawberry Mansion Bridge. Things were chilly but I was comfortable and from the start I was enjoying the run.

By the time we crossed the bridge and got into a West Fairmount I was feeling downright cozy in my winter gear. Alex and I had fallen behind the others and we chatted as we moved along at an easy pace. I felt like I could have gone on for another 10 miles. 9 miles in 72 minutes.

After a little post run banter I ran up the steps to my car and noticed snow coming down in the lights around the Art Museum. Seems like our run wrapped up just before it started coming down. I'd really liked to catch a snow run at some point, we'll see if the winter will cooperate.

No comments: