Friday, February 08, 2008

A busy week and I am little behind on logging the runs in. Tues-Wed-Thurs, all easy runs and all runs on some portion of the loop that I ran on Monday. This loop is definitely going to be my mianstay, at least until the days get longer and I can venture into the Wissahickon Park in the evenings.

Tuesday - A very early and very busy day. I was finally able to get a run in a little after 8:00. I kept things short and easy, a little under 5 miles in 35 minutes. Uneventful run but nice.

Wednesday - Made it out the door for a morning run. Another easy run at the exact same pace as Tuesday night just a little further. 5.1 miles in 38 minutes.

Two very short runs but as I posted earlier this week, I think keeping things going day in and day out, even if for just a few miles, can go a long way towards making me a better runner.

Thursday - I received a text message in the afternoon from Chem Steve about getting together for a run in the evening. It sounded like a great idea. Last winter I was running 2-3 times a week with members of the Philly Runners group but this year, things have changed and it has been weeks since I've done a weekday run with anyone from the group.

We ran, talked, caught up on life. The 8 miles flew by even though it turns out we were running at a very liesurely 8:20 pace. I had to double check the time and distance a few times but it seems that is what we were running. I definitely miss the Thursday evening runs with the group. It was something I looked forward to all day at work. It was great to get a little of that back even if was a very reduced grooup.

8.3 miles in 70 minutes.

No comments: