Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Running Around

I was shotting for an hour run last night and figured a trip around the perimeter of Chestnut Hill would fit the bill. I put together a couple of routes I am familiar with from running through the area in the past and came up with this in my head as I started on the run. A mostly quiet rolling route along the low traffic streets tracing the fringes of the Wissahickon park.

There was also a short trip across Stenton Avenue into Montgomery County. I thought I might explore this area a little further but the tight streets and waning light made me think twice and I shortly turned back towards the sidewalks of Philadelphia.

Not surprisingly I felt good due to my 4 days off. There was at first a little soreness from the all the lifting and stair climbing the past few days but after that was smooth sailing. I kept the pace easy and really enjoyed the run on a cool (but still unseasonably warm) night. 8, 1/4 miles in 62 minutes.

No comments: