Monday, February 04, 2008

A post to report the fact that I haven't run a step since Wedenesday, except for up and down endless flights of stairs in moving. I just didn't realize how all consuming a move would be. It's been years since I've last moved and I assumed the fact that we hired movers would make the process a breeze. I was wrong. There literally just wasn't a chance to lace em up and head out. Add to that the fact that the weather (except for Friday) has been beautiful and you can understand my frustration. Although, I probably could have snuck in a run yesterday before the Super Bowl but at that point I was thinking I'm already in the hole, why not get to the party a little earlier and enjoy it.

So I've been knocked out of the rythym I had worked into over the past few weeks with my running. I realize more now how you really do get into a groove, where things are clicking and the runs come, day in and day out. I am definitely a person of routine and the new house, new set-up, and skewed scheduled has thrown me off, my job this week is to get back on. Of course, missing a run this morning was not a good start but I that leaves plenty of room for improvement.

No comments: