Tuesday, May 30, 2006

70 and Counting

Post number 70 for me, I really didn't think it would last this long. More of a passing idea that I kept up with for a few weeks and then it would slowly fade away. I am not always the most diligent poster but when I start to fall behind it sits on my mind. I find it motivating to blog. The 4 people that read this each week keep me motivated.

I was telling my sister about this blog and she was excited to read it. I gave her the address a few weeks ago and in the times I've seen her since then she never mentioned it. I figured she had lost the address or forgot to look it up. However, this weekend she says "I checked out your on-line thing. Your were right, I don't get it." I guess you need to be a runner and not just a sibling.

Anyhow, I haven't posted about a run since Friday, I think. Saturday was a run through the "Badlands" of Philadelphia with Seebo, Kevin j and Erin. Seebo did a great job putting together some info about the area we ran through here. I am sure just about everybody reading this has read his post already so your up to date on the route.

It was Memorial Day weekend, I spent Sunday at my parent's place near the Jersey shore. A good chunk of the day was spent fishing and hanging out with my nephews so I skipped the run. I had my 40 miles for the week and I just couldn't find the motivation.

Monday, Heather and I went for a bike ride. The day was hot but not so bad when you were cruising along on your bike. We timed our trip from her house to Hahnamen Hospital where she goes to school. She is going to commute to work by bike now and needed an idea on how long the trip was going to take.

From there we cut across town and headed south. We took a lot of back alleys, and liitle streets through town, eventually ending up at the Ben Franklin Bridge. Rode up to the middle and then headed back. Made a pit stop in Old City for a few beers, a stop at Logan Circle for a dip in the fountain, and then back home. 25 inconsistent miles on the bike in I have no idea how long.

The heat is now on in Philly and the group run tonight should be a sweaty affair. The future forecast looks much cooler, my prayers for a cool summer could still be answered. Let's hope.

1 comment:

jim said...

don't worry - we're reading. Try to stay cool this week ;)