Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tuesday night Stevus, Seebo, and I decided to go a little longer than the normal 5 mile group run to the Falls Bridge and then up the Bloody Nipple. We kept a brisk 7:20-7:30 pace and everything felt good. We looped around Fairmount Park to Montgomery Ave where Seebo headed off into West Philly and Stevus and I returned to MLK. Down the drive to the Art Museum for 10.5 miles in 78 minutes. I wanted a decent workout and I definitely got one with this run.

Wednesday night I planned on running an easy 5 or so in anticipation of the Wissahickon Wanderers Trail Series Thursday night. This is a 5-6 trail run through Wissahickon Park headed up by a local running group that meets there. I was goign to take a teh trail at the top of my block down to Forbidden Drive and then take it slow for an out and back.

I hit the trails and things just started speeding up. The route in my head quickly changed from an easy path to all trails. I connected a few of my favorite routes in the park for a challenging trail run. I still kept it short for 5.5 miles in 40 minutes.

No comments: