Thursday, July 12, 2007

Donations

Running 8 miles at 6:30 pm is more difficult when you donate blood at 10:00 am. I haven't run the day of donation in the past and to tell you the truth I was fairly apprehensive. Half of me was interested in what kind of effect it would have and the other was thinking that maybe it wasn't the best idea on an evening in the 80's, with a running partner that happens to be named Ian, who is more than bit faster than myself.

Instead of an 8 mile loop we ran two, 4 mile loops, I could quit in the middle if need be. I felt fine at the start, the pace was somewhere in the low 7's. We hit three miles and MLK Drive, the pace dropped below 7 and I was starting to feel it, more than I should be. I hung on for the trip down MLK and when we finished the first lap stopped I thought about calling it quits for a minute but thought if we just slowed things down a bit on lap two I'd be fine.

We kept things slower, or at least it seemed that way, on the second lap. I was definitely working harder than I normally would be at that pace but all was good.

8.4 miles in 59 minutes.

No comments: