Thursday, July 05, 2007

A tweak in my right hamstring that I mentioned a couple posts ago really tightened up on Tuesday morning. I thought a swim on Monday would loosen things but apperently it didn't help at all. In fact, it seemed worse on Tuesday, but I would imagine it would have felt this way with or without a swim. I'll blame it on the trail run Sunday afternoon. I can't rememebr a specific instance where I might have tweaked it but it is the most likely candidate.

Anyhow, I skipped the group run on Tuesday night and opted to stay close to home on an easy run with Heather. After about 1 mile my leg wasn't loosening and I turned things around and called it a day. Maybe a little conservative but I can't see the point in pushing it right now and I am sure I would have done more harm than good running the proposed 8 miles were going for. It really isn't even worth counting in the logs so I'll just call it a day off.

Wednesday things felt somewhat better and again I went out with Heather for an easy run on Forbidden Drive. Heather consistently runs 6-8 miles and she is trying to up her distance in prep for the River to Sea Relay on August 4th so we set out for 10 miles.

It was the cooolest 4th of July I can remember with temps in the mid-70's and a few sprinkles. After a couple mile my leg felt fine and we finished 10 miles in 1:25.

No comments: