Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tuesday, 5 mile group run in 33 minutes, a little faster then I expected especially in the heat but it went well. Ian and I had an interesting incident that he recounts very well here. I had a slightly different take on it during the ride home. Ian is right, running isn't supposed to be divisive, but when somebody is a big ass(figuratively but by coincidence in this case also literally) that is the way it goes.

I got home from work on Wednesday night and wolfed down a huge sandwich that Heather brought home for me. It was sitting like a weight in my stomach and I thought that a run was off the table for the evening. I'd just take Wednesday off instead of Thursday. However, as the evening rolled on I was itching for a run and by 9:00 I was out the door.

A short trip through Manayunk in extremely humid conditions. I was still digesting during the run which made things a little uncomfortable. I tried to find streets I'd never been on before but after 6 years in the area, even in a extremely dense area, that is becoming more and more difficult. 4+ miles in 30 minutes.

This evening I am headed to Seattle with Heather for her brothers wedding. I should get a run in early this afternoon before we leave and then I'll see what I can squeeze in out there. The weather should be in the mid 70's and just about perfect for running. Hopefully I can log decent number of miles.

No comments: