Friday, January 09, 2009

I grabbed the dog and set out for 5 easy miles last night. It was cold and windy but the nice thing about running around the neighborhood is that your never in strong wind for to long. I think back to winter runs on Kelly Drive that seemed like endless miles in the wind. Why did I subject myself to that?

Boomer and I took a shortcut across the golf course on the way out and the way back. I can take Boomer off the leash on the course to run free in large loops with his nose to the ground. He dashes off circles, waits, runs back and repeats, over and over again. On the way out it was twilight and I could barely see him in the distance. On the way back it was a nearly full moon and he was just as hidden.

After I dropped him off at home I went back out to get the days total to 6 miles in 49 minutes. Actually running my easy runs at an easy pace has made all the difference in this marathon build up. I don't think my legs have ever felt this good, it's almost like cheating. I am knocking on wood as write this. I know how quickly things can turn south so I am enjoying it while I can.

No comments: