Saturday, January 31, 2009

I went out for an easy five miles on Friday evening. The ice dance continues but things have improved somewhat. 42 minutes.

Saturday morning was another long run with Cassi and Luke. Jenny, Sebastian and one other girl joined us as well. It's great to get that many people out for a long run in the middle of the winter. We ran last week's long loop in the opposite direction with a few alterations. The group yo-yo'd apart a few times before Sebastian and the other girl dropped off for a shorter run. That left four of us to finish the second half of the run which included a trip up the Bloody Nipple.

The pace stayed in the upper 7:00s the entire way. I felt good through the finish and was itching to pick things up but couldn't leave Luke behind, he was having a tough go of it. I've been there before and I know how someone talking to you about anything but running can take your mind off how bad you feel. i.e. Ian and Seebo when I feel like crap at the end of the long run. I at least tried to do that and I think it helped.

I got an ice cream headache from the wind on the way back to my car. It made me glad we avoided the river drives on the run. That would have been hell. About 19 miles in 2:30.

No comments: