Friday, January 23, 2009

I set out just before sunset for a 12.5 mile run around Chestnut Hill and Mt. Airy. As promised the temps were in the upper thirties and it felt great. After a couple weeks of running in the low 20’s this felt like a heat wave.

I mapped a route that covered much more of Mt. Airy and took me through areas I’ve never run through. This required me to remember turn by turn instructions, Allens to Bryan, Bryan to Mt Pleasant, Mt Pleasant to…. and so on until I got back to Wayne Avenue and familiar turf. A little more traffic than I would have liked but a decent loop and one I hope to explore a little further as it gains familiarity.

I pushed the pace for four miles in the middle of the run, just hoping I was near marathon pace but really having no idea how fast I was going. I think it was to fast.

I grabbed Boomer to run the last three miles and hopefully tire him out for the evening. The dog was bouncing off the walls when I got home from work. It worked.

12.5 miles in 1:37

No comments: