Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The track was a no go last night because of the snow but I was still itching to put in a harder workout. On the way home from work I saw how some of the streets on my loop were clear and some were snow covered. I decided to run some “snow intervals”. Run hard when the street or sidewalk was clear and run easy when things were snow covered.

After a mile warmup, anywhere I saw a stretch of black top I hit the gas. Sometimes it was three quarters of a mile and sometimes it was 50 yards but I pushed as hard as I could for the distance. It ended up being a great workout, not exactly like running intervals on the track but effective. I mapped the route out when I got home and conservatively estimated 3 miles of faster section, much further than it seemed like during the run.

10.3 miles in 1:19

No comments: