Thursday, January 22, 2009

I was looking at the calendar this morning and realized that the marathon is less than two months away. The race no longer seems like something way off in the future, it’s more tangible and truthfully I am starting to get excited. My training to this point has been very consistent and for me I think that is the biggest factor in determining how I’ll perform… at least I think it is. Consistent means getting out there 6-7 days a week and putting in at least 60 miles. For the last 6 weeks I’ve met that criteria and many weeks prior to that I was solidly in the upper 40’s to mid 50’s for mileage.

On top of that I am feeling good. My legs are holding up very well and my determination is still there. I just have to stay focused for another 7 weeks until taper. I hope to also fit in a couple shorter (5-20K) races prior to the marathon but races are few and far between in the dead of winter so I’ll have to make an effort to get that done.

Last night an easy 6.5 miles in 52 minutes. The weather is still to cold to really melt any of the snow but that is supposed to change today. I’m looking forward to a longish run in the upper 30’s this evening.

1 comment:

ian said...

Agreed: consistency is the key. I'm getting excited too. Is it too early to start checking weather forecasts?