Thursday, February 12, 2009

I heard the wind howling while lying in bed this morning and I thought that I might freeze my ass off but then I looked at the thermometer… 56. Wind chill wouldn’t be a problem this morning. It would be another run in shorts.

My legs were peppy this morning but I wanted to stick to my idea of taking a break so I only let the pace drift down to marathon range somewhere in the middle of the run. I was treated to an almost biblical sunrise with thick clouds painted dark umber, violet and pink by the rising sun as they raced across the sky. Just as I was finishing I could see the edge of the sun break the horizon. What a great way to start the day. 5.8 miles in 43 minutes.
No posting until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week when I’ll hopefully be a lot tanner and ready to wrap this marathon thing up.

No comments: