Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The weathermen predicted 2-4 inches of snow so I wasn’t surprised to find nearly 8 inches when I stepped out the door this morning. The streets were more than passable and with the reduced early morning traffic it was much better than the icy runs I’ve had over the past couple weeks. The trees were heavily laden with pillows of new fallen snow and set against a backdrop of a colorful sunrise all making for a perfect morning run. And to think I almost decided to skip it as I lay in warm bed.

There is an energy that only a snowstorm can create and I was greeted with many waves and hellos by people shoveling their walks before they headed off to work, or maybe stayed home from work. If it weren’t for me having to go to work I think I would have extended this easy run for another half hour. 7.2 miles in 61 minutes.

No comments: