Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I took Monday off and also skipped Tuesday morning trying to avoid the cold and wind. Each morning that it’s 18 and windy I keep hoping it will be the last. I am renewing my hope that Tuesday will be the last. We are almost in March.

I ran yesterday evening on a loop that eventually dropped me on some trails in the Wissahickon and these trails eventually put me on Forbidden Drive. I’ve been feeling like I’m a little out of touch with marathon pace so I decided to run a few miles at pace and see what happened. My goal was 6:45. They went in 6:42, 6:36, 6:36. A little fast but that is better than a little slow. 9.6 miles in 71 minutes.

This morning I took the dog out for a few miles. We ran across the golf course and suddenly I realized Boomer was no longer running beside me, a dog had come up behind us and grabbed his attention. I am very proud to say that after repeated attempts Boomer actually listened to my command and he came back to me. It required me yelling his name at nearly the top of lungs but it’s a start.

I dropped the dog off after 30 minutes and continued on my own for 25 more. Somewhere around 6.5 miles.

No comments: